decoder upgrade

Post all satellite related news and suggestions in here!
We made the topic like you suggest. Don't forget this: IT'S NOT ALLOWED to post keys or links to key sites etc. Please no posting about that!!
SE08
Starting feedhunter
Starting feedhunter

decoder upgrade

Post by SE08 »

Hi guys, i'm currently using a Quali TV QS1080IR Receiver, but i wish to upgrade this to a newer model. i would like a decoder that supports 4:2:2 feeds. Added Bonuses would be DVB/S2 support and HDMI output, but these arn't a requirement. brand doesnt matter so long as its stable.

any help would be much appreciated
SE08
Starting feedhunter
Starting feedhunter

Re: decoder upgrade

Post by SE08 »

Hi Guys, please someone shed some light on this.. there has to be a better decoder out there than a Quali. it really is turd
buzwad
Feedhunter
Feedhunter
satellite: 80cm/SM3D12 motor (45e - 43w)/Eagle (DM500)
1.1m Triax/SG2100 motor (57e-58w)/TM 5200 blindscanner

Post by buzwad »

Hi,

I'm not sure that any other STB's can do 422..... the alternative would be to use a USB/PCI card in a computer, as the codec can be put on there. You could go for a SkyStar HD pci card, and make sure you have a good graphics card + processor.... should be either a HDMI out on the gfx card, or at least a connection on your TV for the regular PC monitor connection (D-sub?) as that can carry high definition, as long as the monitor/pc supports those resolutions.

I hope that's of some help mate - it may sound weird using a PC rather than a STB, but it can be done elegantly!

Buzwad
Please change the #sat-benelux chat room on to a server that doesn't crash my router! :-p
feedster786
Starting feedhunter
Starting feedhunter

Post by feedster786 »

you could use a dreambox dm800 and stream it back to the PC, although this is not reliable for HD 4:2:2

Return to “General”