Please help

Post all satellite related news and suggestions in here!
We made the topic like you suggest. Don't forget this: IT'S NOT ALLOWED to post keys or links to key sites etc. Please no posting about that!!
Mark
Starting feedhunter
Starting feedhunter

Please help

Post by Mark »

Hi,

Pleae can some one help me as I am new to this. I'd like to recieve News Feeds via satellite. I have a motorised dish with a Manhatten 550 reciever. I have been looking a varoius sites for active feed frequencies. I programme in the frequency, the V or H, the symbol rate and the FEC, but can't ever pick up a feed. I don't know if I'm missing something, I have an option to enter in a Video PID Audio PID and FCR PID but I never see any of this info on the feed sites and don't know what they mean anyway. Can anyone help me to pick up a feed???

I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.
bw
Feedhunter
Feedhunter
satellite: 1.3m dish, satellites 53E-45W

Post by bw »

Don't worry about the pids for now. Your Manhattan should store them automatically.
The trouble with feeds is they can be there one minute and gone the next.
What you need to do is look on the various sites you mention and store as many of the frequencies you can find into your receiver together with the symbol rates and FEC quoted, making sure that you are on that particular satellite at the time.
Once you have the frequencies stored search the satellite, and if you're lucky one or two feeds will be found. The frequencies will stay in the receiver so everytime the satellite is searched any feeds transmitting at the time will be found, allthough some may well show as scrambled.
Also make use of the "post here your feed" section on here. look for the latest feed posted and note the time. If it was only a few minutes ago the chances are that it will still be there.
Hope this all makes sense and helps a bit.

The pids are normally posted after the FEC on here.
For example 12345 H 3/4 0308 (video pid) 0256 (Audio pid)
regards
bw.
Mark
Starting feedhunter
Starting feedhunter

Post by Mark »

Thank you BW
Eugenie
Feedhunter
Feedhunter

Post by Eugenie »

You say you have a Manhattan 550...just use the blindscan option, it should pick up all the active transponders including any active feeds.

Eugenie
Keep watching the skies...
Mark
Starting feedhunter
Starting feedhunter

Post by Mark »

Thanks for replying Eugenie.

Yeah I do have a manhattan 550. The problem I find is that if I do a blind search for Feeds then the reciever re-stores all the channels that I have previously deleted (scrambled channels). Do you know away around that?

I have another thing that you may be able to help on also, if you don't mind. I've stored some new Feeds that I've found but sometimes when I programme in another new Feed, one of the other newly stored feeds disappears. Do you know why this would be. Is it anything to do with them having the same symbol rate or frequency? As mentioned before I'm new to this and don't have much idea on what I'm doing.

Thanks Eugenie.

Return to “General”